Wednesday, October 10, 2018

BUSH DIATY OCTOBER 1991:

BUSH DIARY OCTOBER 1991:

The nurses called me in early yesterday (Sunday)  to pull charts for a motor vehicle accident. Took a taxi in, pulled two charts and returned home. WTH?? Then I returned at 1 pm to do four hour, multiple cartridge backup of the RPMS system.  Arg, take book, walk around, check CPU every 30 minutes.  Wish we had a REAL RPMS site manager.

Radio says big storm is coming expecting 4 to 6 inches of snow, which is not all that much even added to what already blows around up here but if the wind really gets to tooting the drifts get hellacious and very difficult to climb over, drive through.

Jeez, the mail order catalogs have really kicked in, I routinely get three to four per week.  Really nice high end ones. 

Today is Charles birthday, he is nineteen!! and Employed as a chimney sweep, he is making seven dollars an hour and enjoys the view from roof tops of Mill Valley and Sausalito.

I am suffering from my first Barrow cold.  I am using Alka Seltzer cold medicine and that actually works pretty well.  

Halloween is quite the holiday up here.  I actually wore a pair of pink fairy wings to work and granted wishes that involved leaving the immediate area.  Everyone goes out for trick or treat.  The only way to survive is to have plenty of candy on hand to give out and put up a sign on your door when you run out of candy.  The outside doors get unlocked and the deluge begins.  I tapped out about 8 pm.  Yikes!

Also, I was told that in the villages they take turns, half the village goes out for trick or treat and when that half is done the other half goes out for trick or treat.  Oh, that is a lot of candy.

Oh we are getting new windows, arctic windows that tilt in and also open,  nice!!!
My cold cleared up.

That is quite enough for October.

No comments: