Monday, October 15, 2018

BUSH DIARY JANUARY 1992

BUSH DIARY JANUARY 1992:

Home again from the Holidays spent elsewhere in the lower 48. Judy met me at the ERA terminal because the computer I blew up before I left was there to be picked up.  So we did, took the thing to the hospital and installed it and it worked!!!!!!

Sad news on the agricultural front.  My crop of parsley, Rosemary had died of severe drought.  The remaining crop of the hardy spider plant, miniature strawberry and Avocado were fine.
  
The roll of film I sent out to be developed resulted in nothing, I was given a new roll of film.  There goes of the pictures I took of the maintenance folk installing new Arctic windows did not turn out well.  

Richard and Cathy purchased a new modular home to replace the ancient home that Surepta lived in for a bajillion years.  Her nearby children wept when Richard did a controlled burn of the poor old wreck.

1-14-92 Still a few wrinkles on the new computer.  No longer able to tell how much memory is available.  Taskman does not want to work.  Judy is trying to get a new 486 from area to replace this thing.  It would be fast, faster, fastest.!!

1-18-92 a blizzard blew through minus 20 with wind chill to minus 80 to 100. Ground blizzard only, look up and it is gloriously clear.

While I was home there was apparently a cranberry shortage, there were none to be had.  We even made a one hundred mild round trip to Mountain Home on the chance that some would be available there.  Nope.  I did not make my cranberry, orange, walnut, celery, black cherry jello mixture.  

I went shopping at AC here in Barrow and there, miracle of miracles were fresh whole cranberries.  I snagged three bags and they now live in my freezer.  Yay!!!!

One of our lovely Filipina ladies, Jinky, returned from PI and she left her new born baby there.  Paper work problems, I dunno.  Seems like a long gawd awful trip to travel that far on a plane whilst preggers.  Ugh, ugh, ugh.  

Visited a couple different nurses apartments to play Trivial Pursuit and some other board game type of things, much fun.  Glen Nishimoto won the award for most popular to room with if things get crowded during the housing build. 

That's it for January 1992. Oh yeah, each year I get out one stack of paper checks and put 1992 or whatever year is appropriate on them.

No comments: