Wednesday, October 3, 2018

BLOG BUSH DIARY APRIL 1991

April 1, 1991:  

No tricks at work thankfully.  Everybody was too busy. My travel to Idaho has been approved.  Two weeks, yay!!

Mail was interesting:  I received the application the Permanent Dividend Fund.  The qualification are thus; residency of one year and the period runs from March 19,1990 to April 1,1991:  I will qualify for the fund next year and get a bonus check sometime in October or November.  Ooo, cash!!  Thank you Alaska!

One of my co-workers just served some insane jury duty hours to get Easter off.  get Easter OFF!?!

The overcrowding at the hospital was the general topic of discussion.  The suggestion was made to add a second story on top of the current building.  Apparently engineers looked at that a few years ago and discovered oil beneath the hospital.   Oil? Liquid gold?  Since I do not know if the oil is seepage from decades of leaky snowmobiles or some other types of vehicles but if it the regular kind of much sought after oil, well I guess the Inupiat Oil Company can't be far off.  Oil bidness.

For Gawd's sake.  Daylight Savings starts today!  Set your clocks appropriately, so stupid,we will be saving 24 hours daily by early MAY!

New task at work.  For the past five months the pharmacists have merrily been entering all of their dispensations to locals as part of a visit.  I have just discovered that I must merge the drugs with the visits, many visits sitting patiently in the computer.  Job security for darn sure and as it turns out not all that hard to do, just will add that task to my routine discharge tasks.  Yeppers.

Friday the  13th of April 1991: Got a half day for Spring Festival and celebrated by taping tin foil on my bedroom windows.
  
Era Aviation is opening Saturday, think I will go and put my name in a bucket for the drawings.  One of the ladies in the department and her husband went to the ASRC annual meeting.  There were door prizes, their 8 month old daughter won 1500 dollars.

April 29, 1991: Two whales landed today.  One of the ladies at work is on that crew and she will be busy cutting up fresh caught whale.

That's it for April 1991.

No comments: