Thursday, October 18, 2018

BUSH DIARY GETTING CAUGHT UP JULY 1992:

BUSH DIARY GETTING CAUGHT UP:

Okay I opened the wrong volume and babbled about the wrong year for April and May, I left the correct volume open to July.  I wrote about the "Cousins Reunion" on or near Lancaster Missouri.  We drove back through several states and decided to take the "short cut" from Idaho Falls through Arco and through Mountain Home, Boise, Eagle and home to Emmett.  Gah.  

The rest of the vacation was spent with getting caught up with friends and reading, eating etc. I caught the plane back on 7-7-92.  I had enough mileage to upgrade to First Class.  And it was classy.
  The first class upgrade was for the leg from Seattle to Anchorage.  It takes about three hours to do that.  First our little tables were draped in linen.  I was handed a hot scented towel with which I refreshed my dainty little pinkies.  We then received a delightful little plate with stuffed mushrooms, a thin breadstick and some artfully cut veggies.  The entre was our choice of turkey breast or venison  I have had my share of venison from a previous life.  I went turkey. The turkey steak was breaded served with green beans and scalloped potatoes.  Dessert was a small dense chocolate cake and coffee.  I passed on that. 

It was nearly excruciating waiting to be served in courses like this when I really wanted to commune in the first class biffy at 35,000 feet.  Thank you, ladies!!

I did make a couple of purchases in Missouri.  Went to a yard sale and purchased an old Soul Kiss powder tin for Gale.  I also found a couple of books.  The Vicar of Wakefield by Wm Goldsmith and "Tales of a Donkey" By Robert Louis Stevenson.  From what I can tell he invented the sleeping bag.

Almost forgot, Dad and I got a trip to Jackpot in we rode with Uncle Paul and Aunt Wanda in their Lincoln at 55 mph all. the . way. there.  I left my usual contribution with the great state of Nevada.

MONEY:  Judy just let me know what my raise would be.  I had to sit down for a minute.  Since the Borough had not granted a raise in five years, they went through a paroxysm of studies and comparison and came up with the sum of 6 million bucks would get all the employees up to snuff compared to the rest of the United States of America.  Huh.

I am getting a raise from approximately 47k per year to (gulp) $59,850.00 per year, um that is 29 bucks per hour.  I plan on immediately maxing out my 401k and I will be able to afford the rent raise on my apartment.  Thank you planning Gods.
Home news:  one brother divorced his wife, one sister divorced her husband.  Everyone is grumpy and seeking comfort elsewhere.  Ack!!!!!

The hospital administrator handed out Thank You awards and certificates to me, Judy, Jinky and Lita.  We had to talk very earnestly to Judy to NOT start a Good Deeds Wall in Medical Records.

I decided to join VALIC and maxed out the 401k and also the Thrift Plan to max of 10%.  So maybe taxes for 92 might not be in the nosebleed region.

Possible invention.  I wish some clever young chemical engineer would invent spray on panty hose.  When you are done peel then off and your leg hair comes off with the stockings.

Weather today was delicious it was 55 above and balmy breeze.
Our new phone system has been attached to the FTS, Federal Telephone System.  Never knew there was such a critter.  And it does not work well. We get weird ghost phone calls from nobody not even a heavy breather. We get all sorts of Fax squeals that are NEVER going to connect.  No idea if this can be fixed or unsubscribed.

The Altos computer has begun acting strange, when I finally get to the part where I reboot it by turning it on with an actual switch, the switch does not always work.  I have begun superstitiously stomping and waving my arms like some sort of lunatic.  Most of the time that actually works.  Yeesh.

Price shockers:  Gallon of bleach is almost 7 bucks. 

Our two ladies from PI received 12 and 14k per year raises and most of that will go home to the folks in the islands.  

The hospital administrator announced that the modules for hospital housing was being loaded on the barge.  In the meantime the engineers discovered that the land where the pilings go is too slushy.  So they are adapting pipeline tech to freeze the subsoil.  It will look like a neat row of pipes in front of the apartments but they will freeze the soil.  Yay.  No one likes to have their house sink into the permafrost.

UIC put an ad in the local paper asking how many people would use a six lane bowling alley?  Um not me.  I played in a local league at home and I sucked badly.   But everyone go ahead enjoy!!!

Bill Bodine came to town to fix various things on the Altos. He fixed the key part that needs to turn the computer on and off. He wired it as always on.  I only have to make sure the hard drive powers down completely and wait three minutes then fire it up.  Okay, I can do that.  He also discovered that who ever wired up somethings used the wrong colored wiring, colorblind problem.  Ugh. Wonder if that is what went wrong with the phones?

Travel plan: Judy and I are approved for travel to National in St. Louis.  Yay!!

7-28-92: Charles is in the hospital with an acute appendicitis attack.  He is recovering thank goodness.  Never expected this kind of complication.  He will have an interesting scar. 

Lordy that is quite enough for July 1992. 

No comments: