Tuesday, October 16, 2018

BUSH DIARY FEBRUARY 1992

FEBERUARY1992:

Oh dear, we, the hospital, are being taught by a self improvement guru.  His name is Ron Z-something.  He teaches meditation. He has a background as having been a Buddhist monk for awhile.  He has also lived with "A lot of people" that may be a euphemism for "Hippy compound" but I have no idea.  All the docs came the first day but were all very busy on day two.  

I have adapted Ron's meditation technique.  I visualize a dirt road on a ranch in Mendocino county, California.  It is summer.  The sun is shining down through the leaves.  I begin my mantra 
"Four sir, three sir, two sir, one.  
Tension, apprehension and dissension have begun." 

The actual chant is not all that important but it is the kind of ear worm that keeps going all by itself.  Having been exposed to touchy feely workshops before, this was an eye opener for some of the employees. Me? not so much.

Computer at work:  Hard disc drive problems.  I am to send the Altos box to area for them to put in a new hard drive.  I have back up standing my.  Oh now I have to mail the back up to area so they can validate and put it all back together.  Okay.  We have also had three hard electricity black outs and the UPS unit connected to the computer may have blown up as well.  We do have a major static discharge problem due to the low humidity problem.

Heard from Charles. He is thinking about getting 15 credits at the local junior college to qualify for the Coast Guard.  Wow.

We got all new phones at work.  This will at least solve one billing problem.  Occasionally the phone bill would include a mysterious long distance call to Sweden, Thailand, other exotic locals.  Now the person paying the bill will be able to narrow down the culprit.  No more freebies.!

I purchased a baleen boat from Harry Brower Sr.  It cost $75.00

New computer is here, I shall go in, install it and boot it up. Pray.  Really hard.

The Olympics are on!  Coverage is a bit spotty but we get intermittent coverage from Canadian Broadcast Company which is kind of cool.  All the American gab is missing for once and there is no drama!!!

Got the hard drive installed and the machine rebooted.  I shall set it to validate and that will run all night.  Went back Sunday, it worked ok and I did a back up.  Area is not happy with an error message the got and we are waiting to hear if we can use the computer.  Gack.

The Olympics are over I enjoyed Pairs Dancing the most.  I thought the network coverage was sucky.

Mom and Dad have sold the mobile home and are looking into renting a new apartment

2-24-92 Patrick Pendleton is back six months status post his very very dangerous surgery. He essentially had his aorta replaced.  He is getting around in hand canes.  the docs say his legs may be back to normal in a year. He has lots of job security all that data to re-enter from the computer blow up.  Ugh.

That's it for February 1992.

No comments: