Monday, October 22, 2018

BUSH DIARY NOVEMBER 1992:

I documented a weird show biz dream that included Redd Foxx and Spike Lee. They were rehearsing. No idea what that is all about.
Hunters shot a female polar bear and her two cubs.  They had become very dangerous  as they kept trying to get under houses to eat dogs and muktuk.  The ice has been in long enough for them to have departed on their natural seal hunting.

11-18-92  Today the sun set for the last time and will come back up late January 1993.

One of the night security guards was caught having his inseam measured by patient going out for a smoke break about 4:30 am.  He was fired.  All true.

Native Arts Collection.  I was in Arctic Coast Trading Post when a little old Inupiat  came in and rattled a box.  It held a few things, I purchased five ptarmigan perched on a log.  His name is Luke Saganna he is shorter than me and wears coke bottle glasses.  His wife shepherds him around to keep him from getting lost in the shuffle.  I do not remember what I paid for the piece.  The ptarmigan are bone and sitting on a piece of baleen.\

We had a frantically busy 11-30-92:  Everyone and their dog was off sick or busy.  There were only four of us in the department.  We got the morning stuff done the phones covered and the remaining three pulled charts for 50 walk in patients.  The same 50 patients also had business with public health, dental or optometry.  All I know is that the waiting room was still pretty full when I got to clock out at 5 pm and go home.

I ordered a Tai Chi tape to do exercises.

G'night folks, that's it for November.  Pretty sure there was Thanksgiving in there somewhere.

No comments: