Saturday, November 24, 2018

PICK UP LINES

PICK UP LINES:  Lyrics by Royce Alden and Phil Berglund

My girlfriend said get a truck and buy all the elite,
Install A.I. and GPS to follow every street.
We had a good relationship by something just went wrong,
My truck took off all by itself, my jaw hanging like this song.

Come back little pick up, you know you was adored.
Come back little pick up, you was all I could afford.
Come back little pick up, come on back to me...
Come back little pick up, so you can set me free
so you can set me free.

I wished I had that upgrade to interrupt the ride.
I'll hafta spend my savings for a bike and for some pride. 
I'll gonna hire a coder to write a trick hack.
It'll take some fancy digits to bring that darn truck back.

So now by girl is riding shotgun, no one behind the wheel,
He honked and looked me in the eye,
how does that make you feel?
One thing he forgot to do was fill himself with gas.
So I come to the rescue and saved his sneaky ass.

Uninstall that A. I. Upgrade to a map.
Going back to old school, puppy in my lap.
My girl bonded with the truck and they are off to Sprain.
Don't wanna hear about dead batteries in the pouring rain.

REFRAIN:

Welcome back little pick up, you sure was adored.
Welcome back little pick up, you was all I could afford.
Welcome back little pick up, I'm glad you're back with me,
Welcome back little pick up, now you can set me free,
now you can set me free.

ADDENDUM:

I changed a word here and there for better scansion.  Phil provided the front and back to make it a true ballad.  Now if ONLY it had a tune, kind of bouncy, something on the order of "I've got a brand new girlfriend".  Yeah.

No comments: