Sunday, November 4, 2018

BUSH DIARY DECEMBER 1993

BUSH DIARY DECEMBER 1993:

12-3 The NSB bus system is changing the schedule from once around the route every 20 minutes to every 30 minutes.  It now takes a bit longer to get home and is very crowded. 

BEARS:  There has been quite a harvest of Polar bears. About 30 bears have been at the dump, which is where the Vet service takes euthanized animals, mostly dogs.  So....

We have Christmas Musak on the radio such as the rather obnoxious "I Yust Go Crazy At Christmas" by Olie Olafson.  Basically he does not know what size his wife wears so he buys her an egg beater.

12-4 Annual Craft Fair at Piurragvik.  But I skipped it because I was up until 1 am doing the computer back up.  

Lots of winter vacation in December, lots of specials for plane trips to Hawaii using Dividend Fund checks.   I have never been tempted. Three hours is my limit for sitting in a plane, no longer, thank you. 

The Mayor has declared 12-27 a borough holiday.  Wheee! But the clinics are open and records department must have a body or two around and that would mostly be moi.  And Judy and husband are gone to Anchorage for a bit of frisking about.

Atqasuk Clinic faxed in a PCC form on one Kris Kringle with a case of frostbite. He was doing well but needed to have hay sent out for the tiny reindeer.  Huh our all dig up lichen from under the snow.  One of the clerk snatched up the fax and scurried into the department intent on pulling the chart.  We looked it over and yelled, "Sylvia? Did you read this thing!?" "Oh..." (weak smile).

Anchorage IHS shipped up a charming gent named Dave Pettit to help out on billing.  He was a very imposing native chap wearing silver and turquoise.  He helped decorate the Christmas Tree (assembly required)  and generally dispensed much flirting.

We drew names for a gift exchange at work.  I received some dried Mango from PI and it was delicious. However, look out the overconsumption as it is an excellent laxative. Good to know! 

 My gift to Patrick Pendleton was a set of 4 cup, 3 cup and 1 cup glass Pyrex measuring cups wrapped in a Superman tablecloth.  He wore the tablecloth as a came almost immediately.  And Patrick is a very good cook.  

Tim has mail run duty which means he takes interoffice mail to another building three times a day.  Dress warm!!

I had a travel dream last night.  I was touring some sort of agricultural farm, the product had to be shot to be harvested and the harvest consisted of a seed pod that resembled a hollow human hand.  I was told that it was for skin grafting.  Weird not to mention eeeek.

I finally put up our tree, could not find the lights, decorated with my favorite angels Illadro trio, five Avon angels and five bell angels.  The remainder are resting.

Got Harry and David package in the mail!! Yummers!!

Bradford, our Siamese Manx is very clever, I heard noise went to investigate has sneaked a can of Friskies from out of the cupboard.  Did not know he could read.

Made or at least attempted to make holiday phone calls. Charlie was up and had to go shopping as he still had no present for Leslie. Tsk.

Dry up here.  Tim sneaked up on me while is was typing away and nibbled on my neck and shocked the heck out of us both.  Sparks Flew, adds a certain electricity to romance.  GOT to get a humidifier or a jungle.

FANCY SCHMANCY CATALOGS:  My favorite is Gumps.  They are small but very spendy store in SF.  I see they have a lovely Limoges nativity set.  Each figure is a hundred bucks!  They are gorgeous and a complete set will set you back a thousand bucks or better.  The figures are hinged and open so one could hide goodies inside.  I want one!  Well not today.  Maybe when they go on sale?  Hah!

Dream:  I had a getting lost dream.  I was inside a complex and could not find my way out.

Merry Christmas everybody!!

No comments: