Monday, November 5, 2018

BUSH DIARY JANUARY 1994

BUSH DIARY JANUARY 1994

Happy New Year.  Resolution.  I shall take out my book of checks and place 94 in the year designation so that I shall not foolishly write checks for 1993.  Duh.

Coffee break stories:  I mentioned that the electric lights had been giving us fits, turning off inexplicably in Browerville.  One of the guys said that some of the houses in Browerville are haunted because the houses were built over graves. Leona Rubi swears that she has seen a ghost form come and go located near the ice machine.  Lois Anderson says she has seen a little girl in a red dress.  To finish it off I had previously written that the Ipalook sisters were murdered in their home.  Their bodies were kept in the back hallway morgue.  After the bodies were removed for burial, housekeeping was scheduled to clean up the space. Nurses were disturbed to see that the cleaning had not been done.  When asked by Housekeeping had not cleaned up, they cited "Evil Spirits".  Kind of a toss up there between fear of the dead and fear of nursing. 

Working inna coal mine, goin' down, down, down!  Tuesday and Wednesday dropped to what passes for normal walk-in numbers, walk-in's are seen in the afternoon only but sometimes it gets pretty busy.  Things picked up later in the week and Judy and I both needed a brand new pair of roller skates. I gotta a brand new key...

Tim's work:  He is learning how to program electric rolodexes.  Tiny keyboard!!!!

DREAM:  I was attending a meeting somewhere and spontaneous entertainment broke out. One group was working on a sort of opera and sang an original song that was part acapella, choral and it was gorgeous.

If I ever get rich:  I would like to sponsor an art contest in my home town.  The first years theme would be "Squaw Butte"  Render any painting, sculpture, any choice of media and prizes will be awarded per category; best water color, best bronze etc. I know the name of the butte is not politically correct but it was named so in the early 1800's when there were actual native American's in the valley. And  in the summer as you come west from Ontario, you can see the shadows on the butte of a native looking person.  The show would be advertised as "100 views of Squaw Butte". (Not a complete rip off of Hokusai).

After Alaska: Tim and I have been discussing the possibilities of opening a book store/something else store.  He wants room for a pool table.  It better be a BIG book store.

War Dream:  Weird I was somewhere trapped in a building. Local gangsters brought us a big pot of soup with pasta.  We tried to give it away to beggars but the gang got upset and dumped a ton of dirt in front of the door. Then I woke up.  Oy was that a clean up my house dream? Probably.

Potluck:  Patrick Pendleton brought Louisiana Grits from his 53 meatloaf recipes cookbook.  Yum!

1-15 Got home at 1 am after doing a ten tape back up.  Area mailed us a new Byte Bucket and I can get back to the 90 minute back up.  Yay!!!!

Rumor has it that the price of a one way cab ride will go up from four dollars one way. The city cells permits and raises the price of a permit every once in a while.

Jinky and Jeanne are back from PI.  Jeanne had psychic surgery on her back while she was there. She says her back feels better.  (shudder).  The 17 hour plane ride did not bother her.

I finally took down the Christmas tree.  I then began assembling documents to mail off for tax preparation.  Meh.

1-23 The sun comes up today at 1:04 pm stayed up about an hour.
1-24 home with the Barrow crud.  Guh.

Kigvik. Messenger Feast this year is 26 through 29.  There will be lots of games and visitors, some from Canada and some from Russia.  The Russian speaking Inupiat speak close enough Inupiag to be easily understood..Russian? Not so much.

We are having a bit of an outbreak of Hepatitis A.  Wash your hands especially after wiping your bottom!!!! 

Last call for mass mailing of Bush Diary.  I am starting to repeat myself and that can get boring, so cutting back to family and a few friends.

G'night everybody.

No comments: