Thursday, November 29, 2018

BUSH DIARY SEPTEMBER 1995

BUSH DIARY OCTOBER 1995:

10-3: What a strange day. OJ verdict came back not guilty.  I would have voted for conviction on the blood evidence.  But then I didn't have to sit in the jury for a whole damn year.  I would have kept out the camera's.  But that was a judge decision.

Same day:  All of Barrow got to vote on the alcohol ban.  We both voted at City Hall. Update: Looks like the ban will repealed with a 4% margin.  Mayor's office finally heard all the arguments and the liquor ban was repealed at 12:30 a.m. Oh dear.

Baseball game: I was channel surfing about 8 pm last night and watched the Yankee's game versus Mariner's.  The game went 15 innings!!!

Lordy:  Complaint of Mary Jo and family taking showers at the hospital over the weekend.  I have seen that tiny house.  I am sure there is no bathtub or shower facilities.  Pretty sure they use a honey bucket.  Counseling and apologies all around.  An agreement has been reached with the service unit director so Mary Jo and her family can take showers once a week.  They are on water truck deliveries only.

I think a public bath house would do well in Barrow. All of the villages have them. There is a meter in each shower that runs about 3 minutes on 50 cents.  Wash fast!!

Recent meeting:  NSB Health department held a retreat.  It took two guys all day long to take the group through consensus building to form health groups for the villages and deadline 90 days. The gentleman is named Satish.  The mayor likes him a lot to the tune of $250.00 an hour.  Someone told me that his Inupiaq nickname means "worm". Note to self, do not ask for nick name.  (evil smirk).

Dental misery.  Poor man had to give me four injections. When the last one didn't quite do the job, I gurgled, "hurry."

Eww got another job.  I have been asked to be acting coordinator for the billing department.  That job consists of signing time sheets, listen to complaints, some paper work.  Somebody slap me when it's over.

Baseball: Mariners lost to Cleveland 4 nothing  As Howard Cosell never said "Baseball will break your heart."

Banking news:  We got a letter from National Bank of Alaska stating that Smart Pay program was no longer. The vendor performing that has dropped the service suddenly and unexpectedly.  Where oh where did I put the darn check book!?!?!

Going to step out on the sunny balcony and enjoy this balmy September. G'night folks.

No comments: