Tuesday, November 13, 2018

BUSH DIARY SEPT OCT 1994

BUSH DIARY SEPT/OCT 1994:

First of all upon review, not much happened in September.  Tim visited Oregon and I had a birthday.   Wheeee.

Um October was not much better.  Tim mailed home a wall clock that triggered a childhood memory.  Dad used to take Mom and us kids to a little hole in the wall cafe in downtown Emmett. Is was located next to a former theatre, to which I dimly remember attending and my grandmother winning some sort of depression ware. Do wish she still had that.

Dad would take us to Bob's Cafe next to what was formerly the Old Liberty Theater and then was a skating rink in my teen's and later on turned into a fairly decent looking exercise gym.  So back to hole in the wall.  Dad of course new the proprieter, Bob Kreizenbeck, (There was a sort of child competition to see who had the most kids Bob and his wife, Dovie, won and we had lots of other kids to play with)  and there was not much to keep our attention.  But there was one rather fascinating feature. There was a simple round wall clock about a foot across mounted above the entry into the kitchen. The second hand would tick silently all the way up to the 12 o'clock position and once past there CRASH down to the six oclock and swing back and forth there until the clock mechanism caught up with and we watched that just fascinated beyond belief.  I maintain that children truly are entertained by simple even broken things.

I rearranged my gift bags yet again and knocked off some dust.

Free money idea.  Why doesn't someone make an insertable bath tub sized rubber hot tub?  I would love to soak in something like that.  C'mon SOMEbody must have thought of it.  I can just dream about a Japanese soaking tub I love the design.  Oh well.

October 25, I forgot Charlies birthday yesterday.  Ack I win rotton mom award. I called and left a message. He forgets his birthday.  He is 22 this year which makes me uuuh forget it.  Charlie called and said that his great uncle Stan Hageman had died.  Stan was a successful butcher in the Santa Rosa area. I purchased a crate full of chicken for a BBQ get together at the little rental in Novato.  Turned out well as I remember.

Finalized paper work.  We decided we all wanted Monca Eklund.  I did get the director to read her resume and meet.  She was impressed. 

Keeping fingers crossed in Barrow.  G'night.

No comments: