Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WEIRD SCIENCE!



This is what happens when you "warm" three bottles during the night in a slow cooker filled with water on low. You may have to click on the pictures to enlarge them to see how deformed they actually became.



The lids actually cooked closed. I could NOT twist the lids off. I finally resorted to stabbing them in the thin neck part with the pointy end of my rat tail comb.
Tonight I am going to try again, I plan to twist off the caps on three bottles, dump out a teaspoon or two of water, recap lightly.I will then sit the bottles upright as that part seems a bit thicker. Husband is going to turn the slow cooker on about 5 am. I think we've almost got it! I wonder what will go wrong this time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were just pouring the water into the cooker to warm it up...I'm confused!

Anonymous said...

I did a little bit of both actually, I used the bottled water for face etc and warmed "loose" water for rinsing. Worked just fine, husband turned Crock pot on at 5 am on low the water was juuuuuuust right. Thanks, Hon!

AND good news is that the hospital is now allowing us to use the ice machines, so I think the boil water notice has been cancelled.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Awesome!! Looks like you found a new way to recycle plastic. The warm water is a bonus.
RB