Saturday, May 29, 2010

STILL WORKING ON BOOKS....

Bookcase before:



Bookcase after:



I dinked around today and input about 577 books all crammed into the two bookcases pictured. The books are stacked two deep 2 1/2 high. Lots of books and surprisingly few duplicates. The day before? I was tempted to jump up and down on the Cue Cat bar code reader. I could NOT get the thing to work. I finally discovered that most books have a duplicate bar code printed on the inside of the front cover as well as the back. For some reason the shiny slick back cover was not reading correctly, I switched to the inside front cover and really made some time. I also discovered that one firm left to right swipe worked well, pick up from paper immediately, the computer searches the online data base for 2-3 seconds and when the entry shows, hit enter. Very cool.

Because the weather was so terrific, husband and I drove to Bandon today. We had lunch at a likely looking place, the Wheelhouse. They specialize in sandwiches and seafood dishes. Husband ordered chicken Romano, didn't care for the tomato sauce.

I ordered Turkey Muffalata. I googled a Muffalata recipe and that may be the difference. The sandwich that I ate a third of the portion tasted awful or at least I do not care for that flavor profile.

Damn, I'm going to have to make one myself following the recipe below. Sheesh.

3 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup chopped green olives stuffed with pimientos
1 cup pitted and chopped “black-ripe” olives or Calamatas
1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
1 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/3 pound salami
1/2 pound provolone cheese
1/2 pound mild cheese
1/3 pound mortadella
1/3 pound prosciutto

Where am I going to get Mortadella around here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

order some mortadella online. It will ship nicely.

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Cheese, right?

Anonymous said...

Mortadella looks like a slice of big sized baloney with big chunks of cheese in it. Online sounds good.