Monday, May 31, 2010

ALMOST DONE WITH THE BOOKS

FOURTH LIVING ROOM BOOK CASE (BEFORE)




FOURTH LIVING ROOM BOOK CASE (AFTER)



Running total for all four book cases so far is 855. I still have two boxes of very old westerns and children's books that will all have to be entered manually. They are genuine antiques and do not have ISBN (International Standard Book Numbers). Husband did ask why I turned the books backward. So I would remember where I stopped, might turn 'em back around...someday. Also, I have quite a few duplicate books, mostly from Mom. She probably forgot she had read them, and some of them certainly quality for forgetability.

Almost made 1,000.

Also our Memorial Day Picnic consisted of two steaks marinated in teriyaki sauce, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, salad. Discovered a couple things; I heated the mini grill too hot and produced enough smoke to set off fire alarms three houses away. Our new fire alarm did not go off, we purchased it November 2009. It should have been screaming bloody murder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, why did you turn the spine of the book to the back of the shelf? Isn't it kind of hard to find that old favorite?

EJ

Anonymous said...

I turned the spines to the back of the shelf as a marker to where I had gotten to entering the books. Like I said, almost through. My favorites, all 550 of them are upstairs with spines visible to me.
The ones downstairs need to be presorted again either alphabetically or at least into genre; romance, adventure, murder, travel, westerns, etc. I coulda been a librarian! Well except for the hang nail problem. R