Monday, May 17, 2010

Waiting for.....WATER!



Tim discovered at 4:30 this morning that we had NO WATER. He very kindly waited until almost time for me to get up to inform me of same, noting that I might need a little extra time. Um, yeah, dragged all my beautification supplies to downstairs bathroom. Poured four bottled waters in suitable microwaveable container and let it heat up for 4 minutes. Ah just right for the face stuff then a TPA bath and if you do not know what that is, use your imagination. Then I used half a bottle for teeth brushing. Used the facilities and poured used water to flush. Hmm, we have an older microwave,I wonder if we could put it upstairs to heat water in the upstairs bathroom, depending on how long this outage lasts of course.

Tim is now scouting the local stores for a couple flats of water, him and all the rest of the people who are on city water. I called the hospital before leaving and they have no water either. So those who went to work early in order to shower will have to make do with a spit bath. No idea how long this outage will last. There is a broken main somewhere that is not showing on the surface. Hope the City Water people find and fix soonest. Camping out at home is real sucky...and I don't even want to THINK about taking clothes to river to rinse and dry. I think I have enough clean clothes to last a couple weeks if I dress colorfully. I guess we could always drive the laundry to either Coos Bay or Bandon. Ick! Ick! Ick! This is almost as bad when we lived in Barrow and they changed out our toilet, we had to use Honey Bucket services for three endless days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UPDATE: While chatting at lunch with the head Maintence guy,Ray, he said he had been told by the City that the broken main had been fixed. However, since the three million gallon reservoir had been completely drained, it will take a while for it to fill up again AND fill all the lines to town. Still I will take that as a good sign that I won't have to go out of town for laundry services. Yay!!!R

Anonymous said...

A hospital without clean water is a a bit dangerous - ? They have a kind of emergency storage or something, like a generator when the current is off? Good to see that they located the leak.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes we have huge electrical generator and all sorts of back up just not water under pressure in the rooms for patients, They get drinking water from our water delivery guy when these kinds of situations happen.
I'm pretty sure this event will get written up as a mini emergency response thing. R