Sunday, May 16, 2010

For your dining pleasure tonight....




I have prepared a meat loaf consisting of ground beef, fresh chopped mushrooms, diced olives, diced onions, flavored with Tamale liquor. 350 degree oven, one hour.
Bake the prepared meat loaf on a bed of sliced roasted garlic Yukon Gold Potatoes.

Bon appetite!

Actually I had 3 quarts of tamale liquor left over that consisted mostly of spices flavored with the dark turkey meat that I had cooked a couple of blogs back. I reduced the tamale liquor down to 1 quart. I roasted the potatoes in Tamale liquor as well and I recommend roasting these particular potatoes for a good hour as they retain their shape after baking and do not get mushy.

I have also prepared a three bean salad with chopped salami and diced hard cheddar cheese with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, olive oil and two packets of Splenda. (Left overs)

Dessert will be your choice of fresh fruit. (spotty banana)

Presentation sucks, sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamale Liquor, what's that?

Anonymous said...

A made up term that I wanted to use to describe the left over juice from cooking the turkey legs when I made the ir dish in hushed tones of awe and reverence so.....

R