Monday, May 31, 2010

MORE BOOKS AND COOKING ON MEMORIAL DAY

THIRD LIVING ROOM BOOK CASE (BEFORE):




THIRD LIVING ROOM BOOK CASE (AFTER):

Up to 755 books and counting, I think this book case holds about 150 to 200 books.
I have not maxed out shelving on this one but I might, I have a fourth bookshelf and two more boxes before I am done with all of my books.

I think I am a bit disappointed as it looks like I might not make a thousand books. Need more y'know.

Also, in the process of cataloging all of these books, one of the things that slow me down, are "Oh, I don't remember reading THAT one, sounds good, I'll just set it aside....hmmm,where did THAT pile come from!"





DEEP DISH QUICHE:

Also, yesterday actually, I decided to make onion quiche. I have a recipe for Italian Egg pie printed on a pink Styrofoam egg carton bottom, I have had it for years and had never used it.

So dug out six eggs, 1/4 lb of Mozzarella cheese, (shred please), 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp of something I didn't have, so I doubled the Oregano, salt, pepper, pour into peel and stick pie dough, 425 degree oven, 35 to45 minutes or until brown. I went for a mottled golden brown. Tastes good, once cool one can hold a nice slice of pie in the hand for immediate consumption, without dirtying a plate. Don't forget to lick your fingers.

Upon reflection, I think I would skip the Italian spices, stick with salt, pepper and I should have caramelized the onions.

No comments: