Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I LIKE TO BLAME IT ON THE NEW....PLUG IN AIR FRESHENER








For a week now I have been coming into the house after work and smelling apple pie baking and it dawned on me that the new air freshener was that "pie".

Well...dang!

I decided to make a pie for real, picked up a peel and stick pie crust, two Granny Smith apples and a container of fake whipped cream. I went that route because I couldn't fine mascarpone to whip with real cream and some sugar. Drat!

Put crust in pie plate, arrange peeled sliced apples, pour 1/3 cup sugar, brush with thinned apricot jam, bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Cool, top with favored whipped topping and eat! Yummy. Unfortunately it only makes four rather gimpy slices and two are gone already. Can you smell it now?

NOTE TO SELF: Purchase one of the new Febrize plugins. Enough with smelling fake food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does the airfreshener come in other tastes too?