Monday, March 25, 2019

Coquille today and I have thinking which is usually a bad sign...

I have discovered something rather fascinating about giving oneself injections.  I have been doing this for a few years now.  I began with using the pens which come preloaded.  Just point and click. No biggie.  Except I started getting some kind of allergy skin reaction at the injection site.  It turned into a perfectly round little freckle.  Kind a polka dot cute.  Didn't itch, didn't hurt. But doc said, let's change to needles.  Um 'kay.

I would pull up what ever dosage was ordered and inject it.  I eventually noticed that we don't have as many nerves on the surface of our skin as I had thought.  I thought they were everywhere.  If I do a gentle poke and feel any sensation at all, I move the needle a few centimeters away and if there is no sensation other than pressure, I do the injection at that site. Viola!  No pain what so ever.  I am not afraid of needles, so this has never been an issue with my self medications.  

Since I am yapping about medical issues, I am being scheduled to see a guy in Eugene about putting in an AV (artereo-venous) shunt for dialysis.  It takes six months for the shunt to mature.  I have recently had a slight improvement in labs but better to be prepared than try to rush this at the last minute.  Dr. K did offer peritoneal dialysis because it supposed to be easier to do. For some reason I find the idea of sloshing around with a few extra gallons in my abdomen rather abhorent. So gonna go cyborg.

Oh AND to top off the general medical behotching, I am in day two of a gout flare in left shoulder joint.  I hope it dies down soon, as I going to have to get one of those coaches whistles to yell for help.

But am feeling somewhat quasi-virtuous.  The other day as I was swishing down the street to the pharmacy, I passed the Black Dog store and outside sat two hard plastic foot stool type things. I purhased them for 6 bucks. They don't scrub up worth a darn, but I found that I could sit on them and use my recently purcharsed grabber to rearrange all the cans and retrieve the out dated ones.  We can donate to the charity shop next to Safeway.  They have a give away spot for foods.  Food banks discard outdated canned food, so someone will use this.  I had been trying to think of what to use for trays to hold the cans.  I had used some cut down cardboard boxes but they don't last well.  I found some aluminum baking cans at the store and have used them, they work perfectly and slide in and out easily.  It was good to take a look at the stores to see what we actually have.  It is good to plan for the Zombie Apocalyps.

Oh, I visited the Chinese Place in town. It re-opened. I had lunch the same day I picked up meds.  I had the General Tsos Chicken, I have had better but the fried won tons were wonderful.  While sitting there I asked if they had Char Sei Bao. She looked surprised and scurried into the kitchen and I heard Mandarin Mandarin Char Sei Bao Mandarin Mandarin. She came out and said they did.  Yummy.  I will get some next time.  I love pork steamed buns.

Enough yapping, time for pain pills in another eight hours.  Ugh.

No comments: