Monday, March 11, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY JAN/FEB 2003

COQUILLE DIARY JANUARY FEBRUARY 2003:

Jan 10: Happy Anniversary!! We exchanged cards.  This is the longest I have ever been married.  Now if I can just survive menopause.  Erk.

01-20-03:  Got new glassed today, quite a change, last new glasses was four years ago.  Wow pricy over 500 bucks but there are bifocals and protected this and some damn thing else.  These better WORK!!

I have been attending CVH Strategic meetings.  My constant refrain has been electronic medical records.  Repeat...electronic.  Save paper.

Feb 1:  The shuttle Columbia shattered into pieces 16 minutes prior to landing.  While a horrible shock, I still vividly remember Challenger blow up one morning when I was home sick as a dog with the flu.  Horrible.  I am hoping the space program does not falter to a halt.  Update: it seems that frozen foam from the shuttle wing.  Pretty sure there is a work around for that .

Feb 9:  Sat down and got taxes done. I decided to file electronically.  This worked so slick.

2-14:  We celebrated Valentines Day and exchanged cards as is our custom.  I predict that who ever is designated to clean out this house after we die will discover some fascinating greeting cards. Might even find some collectors items.  Don't throw out every thing willy nilly kids.

2-23:  Watched Season open of "Survivor Amazon"  Very buff boys and girls.  A bit amusing, the men could NOT stop talking about the women even at Tribal Council.  Eyes up here guys.

Intersting tidbit.  I came across a nifty name at work the other day. Mrs. Icenogle.  I smiled and imagined that name being used in a comedy skit.

Nomination for best joke of the year:
Did you hear about the guy in ICU?  He was all hooked up to the cardiac monitor, IV's and oxygen mask.
A yoiung nurse came in to do his vitals and he asked her, "Are my testicles black?"
The nurse blushed and stammered and said she would get the head nurse.
The nurse supervisor came into ICU and the man asked her, "Are my testicles black?"
The nurse said, "Let me check".  She brisky whipped back his hospital gown, looked him over and said, "No sir, your testicles are not black."
He looked at her wearily, reached up to pull down his oygen mask and said,
"Are my test results back?"


Feb 26:  Got my personal PC back  from the computer guy.  Apparently nothing was wrong with it, they just unplugged some components, plugged them back in and every thing is working.  Huh.

That's it for Jan/Feb 2003:

G'night folks.

No comments: