Thursday, March 7, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY FEBRUARY 2002

COQUILLE DIARY FEBRUARY 2002:

Okay about that job interview.  I saw an advert for a job opening in a professional magazine wanting a coder in Saudi Arabia.  Hmm.  I sent off an inquiry mostly because Edna was making retirement noises, I was feeling insecure about a New Guy in Charge and sent off an application.  Then 9-11 happened and  I forgot all about it.  Couple of weeks ago I received a letter asking if I was still interested.  Um, yep.  The benefits are astounding.  

So I was booked to fly out of Portland to Houston via Continental.  4 hours of joy.  Took an hour to find the hotel, 30 minutes to find the interview spot.  That experience was very interesting.  I learned how to politely refuse tea. Good thing to know as the tea is um an acquired taste. 

I have been watching the Winter Olympics.  Wish the coverage was better.

I have resurrected "Princess Giggle" and have decided to sent out the Army, The Navy, the Guards and the Leader of the Pack to search for her missing Giggle.

YOU KNOW YOU LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN WHEN:  Tim brought down a copy of the direct deposit to our checking account of both Federal and State returns. This was a miracle because I gave the wrong account number.  I got the routing number correct.  I spoke to Darlene at the Klamath S&L she said the amount for the direct deposit had to be researched by name.  I thanked her for making the save. 

Update on Princess Giggle:  She is taking Royal Kite flying lessons and doing Serious Things.

Got an email from Monica.  She is scheduled for brain surgery in March.  Her surgeon is pretty confident that he can fix her up and not leave anything limp or not working.  I have ordered an Olympic beret.  Hope it gets here before her hair grows out.

Work: The local phone company upgraded our internet speed to frame relay, what ever THAT means. 

Bye for now,
R

No comments: