Monday, March 18, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY JUNE 2004:

COQUILLE DIARY JUNE THRU  2004:

I was re-elected secretary to Orhima and will now be attending board meetings in Salem, shorter drive.

I ordered DVD of Bagdad Cafe. I love this film  It is a cult classic.  I adore the music.  A German couple are stopped at a very dusty roadside stop having coffee.  They get into a fight.  He tosses out a suitcase and a coffee pot and takes off.  She picks up the suitcase and coffee pot and starts walking. She gets to a dusty roadside cafe, truckstop, motel and books a room.  She has no where to go and starts doing stuff around the place, cleaning etc.  Brenda (CCH Pounder) looks at her askance but tolerates the activities.  Gradually she becomes part of the little community.  I urge you to give this one a try.

Recent ER visit.  We had a little old gentleman come in with an overdose.  Oh, of what?  Milk of Magnesia.  !?!?!  Yep trying to alleviate another problem and took so much he noticed other symptoms.  Turned out he had developed hypermagnesemia.  Yeppers.  Drink more water, it is harder to overdose on water.  It can be done but it is harder to do so.

Our locum surgeon Dr. C uses colorful language when dictating operative reports.  I have heard him say more than once that the patient "manufactures polyps like GM manufactures cars.." or "Lo and behold".  

Getting lots of rain, dripping in sunroom, basement is seeping.  Get yer boots on!

June 21:  Just got back from a week in Idaho.  Before going I attended OrHIMA board meeting which was held in the Embassy Suiges hotel.  Very noisy place.  Happy Hour plainly went on for extended hours.  I had retired to my room for the evening and a fire alarm went off.  A really obnoxious one.  There was finally a general announcement to ignore the alarm.  Oh bother.

Spent the week visiting folk.   Gale invited us to ribs and corn on the cob.  Went by WKMH which is undergoing renovation.  I am impressed with the newer bigger medical record department.  They splurged for rolling files.  They will have to keep the filing cabinets for a while but it looks very nice.

Monday Mom and I ran around and visited with the Boise Berglunds.    We visited a Crispy Creme just so we would say we had been there.  I wasn't all that impressed, the donuts are small yet pricey. I think the shop in Emmett is much better.  

Tuesday it was spend the day with Anthony.  We played "Life"  he can read pretty well and the game went well. Pretty sure I was soundly beaten.  Also attended a T-ball game that he was participating in.  He had the same level of engagement as his father.

Wednesday it was Run away with Barbara.  We went to Jackpot.  I played my favorite machines.  We yakked our heads off.  I made my usual donation to the Great State of Nevada.  I always get a chocolate shake in the cafe at the back of Cactus Pete's they are the best.

Visited Phil and Jody at their house. Phil showed me dozens of pictures of Mel in the local production of Lil Abner.  It looked like a ton of fun. There were also pictures of Mel's wedding  It was very casual free spirited style wedding and the day was HOT.

I drove home by way of Vale. I stopped in John Day at the Shell station for gas and um recreational activities. I noticed they had home make pecan rolls I purchased one and cursed myself that I did not buy the whole tray.  Yum!

Got home and I was met with the question: 
"What do you want good news or bad news?"

Good news.  "I piled all of your clothes on the bed."
  
Bad News:  "The closet broke."

The closet in the bedroom is long, narrow and only has one wooden rod and since I did not feel like weilding a hammer and nails.... I shopped at Amazon and ordered a sturdy clothing rack on wheels that when assembled rolls right inside the closet.  Nifty.  

Enough for this section, closing with the end of June.
G'night folks.

No comments: