Tuesday, March 12, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY MARCH/JUNE 2003

COQUILLE DIARY MARCH TO JUNE  2003:

3-11:  Lovely Tuesday off from work.  Lawn is greening up, wish we could rent a herd of goats to nibble it down to the roots....sigh.
Visited the dental hygienist last week.  Got the lecture. l will be sniffing around for someone who is NOT a gum Nazi.

March 17: Computer at work is not worky.  Computer kid says it was  "cycling" what ever THAT means now it is working.  Oy!

First Day Coverage of Iraq War:  Tank, tank, tank, Ted Koppel.  So happy none of mine are riding those tanks. 

April 8:  I got elected secretary for the state medical record organization.  That is a relatively easy position to take for a board position.  I just hafta spell every thing correctly. This could get tricky.

I ordered and received the second Harry Potter DVD. Most enjoyable. I eschew theaters because of sticky floors.

May 4, Iraq War continues.

Budget stuff at work.  Can I get a ride on one of those tanks?

June 10: Just got back from vacation to Emmett.  It was HOT over there in Idaho.  I took off in my rental and got all the way to Wilsoville and remembered that the only underwear I had packed were the ones I was wearing. I looked for a Walmart and dove off I-5 to find out that the store was not even open yet. 

I drove to Skamania Lodge for my Orhima planning meeting.  Next morning wore rinsed and dried undies and thus empowered stopped in Pendleton at a Walmart for new undies.  I called Mom to let hre know that I would be there a day early.

Emmett was very busy.  I managed to visit just about everyone.  Grandson and I had a run away day, we went to the Boise Zoo  Tigers were out and romping about and were HUGE and gorgeous.   Anthony did not want to eave Burger King so I bribed him with a trip to Walmart.  Look out shoppers.

Barbara and I squeezed in a very quick trip to Jackpot.  We found a wonderful Believe It Or Not trivia machine.  Did well at that one.

I was ready to return to cool coastal weather and took off to return by way of Vale, saw lots of critters out and about.  I was all the way to Coos Bay when I remembered the clothes I had left hanging Mom's closet. She very kindly crammed three shirts and two pair of pants into an express mailer. Thanks Mom!!

June 19: Decided to roll over Valic accounts over to fixed interest.  Have thought about refinancing the house but it is such a huge thing.  I hate stuff like this. 

June 21: Got my fifth Harry Potter book.  I was worried that JK Rowling would be obliqed to kill off Dumbledore since Richard Harris died shortly after the second film was released.
Well that went fast.

G'night folks.

No comments: