Thursday, October 18, 2007

VERY SHORT POWER OUTAGE

Picture this; it was a dark and rainy night, suddenly, right in the middle of "Survivor China" the power went out. Rats! Last time power went out it was for 24 hours!! Where did I put the flash light, where are the damn candles!! So trudged up to bed, dug out my high intensity book reading light. The light works well but does not cover a full page. Ahem, stay on track okay? Right. I lay there reading and a rather large sounding truck pulled up in the street. rumble, rumble, grind, grind, flashy lights, flashy lights. Hmmm. Got up and peered out between the blinds and the guy in his rain coat got into the bucket and raised it up and I swear to God this is what happened. He took out a long pole and tapped on something, there was a flash and the lights came back on!!!! He folded up his bucket truck and left the immediate area. Well if I had any idea it was THAT easy.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that is called the "Fonzie Method" of electrical and mechanical repair...

yoo hoo said...

Mitch would like to say, PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Good one J Mon!

Gale said...

Aww the miracles of rapping somethig with a long pole to turn it on- hmmm sounds sexual. Awe what the heck. Wonder how much he makes a hour? Wonder....sorry I will wander over here.