Saturday, October 13, 2007

Current Events



I found "wait wait..don't tell me!" at WKSU and isn on about 10 a.m. here in deepest darkest southern Oregon coast...um...on the internet. For those of you who have more or less given up on newspapers and commercial radio, this show is a very witty recap of World/National news. They have guest panelists, call in participants, and EVERYone has a great deal of fun. Now, this program is not news to long time NPR listeners but to the great unwashed masses out there, please give this a shot with your morning coffee. The great thing is that you can go to the site (Just Google for crying in a bucket) and you can re-run shows any time, any day for ever if you wish. Let me know what you thing about "Wait, wait..."

2 comments:

Gale said...

I have always wondered where the saying 'for crying in a bucket' came from. I use and misuse it all of the time. I have a friend who says 'for crying in the night', which makes just as much sense. Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Google doesn't say much, only got a few partial hits either for bucket and/or crying. No distinct source cited.