Sunday, October 28, 2007

Empty shelves


The local used book store here in Coquille, "The Book Nook" has changed owners. The doors are locked, there are several bags of books huddled in the doorway hopeful of being taken in off the street. I wish I had known June Johnson wanted to "retire" I might have grabbed the chance to sit on mine bottom and sell used books. She had a nice collection of stuff for sale in the windows as well. I purchased a lovely old library table with hide-away-leaf from the Book Nook, it is cherry and would look terrific restored, but is now home to many many plants in the dining room. Anyway to backtrack to the store closing. This has been my main book fix ever since I worked my way through the library. Dang! I'm going into book withdrawal. I look at my shelves of books and glance at a title and think how many times have I read this one? I would write my own but what's the fun of that!? If I had a book store I think I would specialize in making hand bound books, one of a kind, leather, I would like to experiment with making my own paper as well. What a swell way to recycle all those catalogs!!

3 comments:

Gale said...

So what exactly is keeping you from doing this??? Go be an entreprenuer.

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

That would be Entremanure as
Shorty used to say. So when you publish the first leather bound recycled book I want one!

yoo hoo said...

I loves me some books....we have lots and lots.