Wednesday, October 3, 2007


Had soup for lunch. Broccoli soup, a thick sturdy glue like texture, with the added delight of canned mushrooms. I fished out the mushrooms, added a bit of 2% milk to thin, a pinch more salt and pepper and re-heated in nuk-o-matic. Not bad, with a side of egg salad sandwich eaten in lettuce leaves. Surprisingly tasty. Dessert was a small dish of Rocky Road ice cream. All for the astounding cost of 80 cents. That has been company policy for over ten years, it is an inducement to keep the employees on campus during lunch hour. What an agonizing trade off, do I lose my parking space to run away for lunch or take the lunch room risk? Decisions, decisions. What did you have for lunch today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My job takes me out and about a great deal, so today I was in Pueblo, CO for meetings and we went to a little hole in the wall. The special of the day was "Anaheim and American burger". This was the best burger I havem Green Chili on top of cheeseburger. YUMMMMMM

yoo hoo said...

As I was leaving the QFC on the way to an appointment 2 hours away, I spied an open check out stand so I grabbed a bag of cruncy cheetos, and a bag of popcorn with some melted chocolate on it. nummers!
At another stop I actually got carrots and water.
I'm kinda hungry.

Gale said...

I had tomato soup, pretzels, and a cookie. Brought 'em to work in my Mickey Mouse lunch box.