Tuesday, October 2, 2007


Let's discuss fast food.

Been eating it for years. Have relied upon Scottish fast food for shakes and fries and clean toilets whilst traveling since the 1960's. However I recently had a chance to taste test Karls Sr Teriyaki Burger in Unnamed City, Oregon. Karls is new just opened across the street from the Scottish place and a gas station near I-5. Strolled in, perused menu, eager counter people queried my wishes and I opted for the above mentioned meal which came with fries and drink.

The nice wait person trotted out with the meal and wished me happy happy. The fries were nice and hot, the drink was adequate. The burger consisted of the famous flame broiled patty of protein like matter, fresh very cold buns, tomato, lettuce, onion, slice of pineapple and smear of Teriyaki sauce. The patty was cool and tasteless. A wait person hustled by and asked my opinion, I replied,"Um, isn't there a certain temperature that food has to be before it is served to the customer?". Wait Person seemed worried that I had made comment and allowed that she did't know how hot it had to be but that it was cooked on a long broiler device. I went on to add that the burger was to cool to eat. She looked worried but clearly did not know how to deal with a customer who was clearly not purchasing further items in future.

So my question is this, how many foodies out there in the blogosphere have eaten at Karls Sr and was their experience any better than this? I am beginning to be of the opinion that the commercials are much more delicious than the actual food. Lemme know, 'kay?

3 comments:

Gale said...

I love the commercials. I will stop what I am doing to watch the burger commercials. But I won't eat there anymore as I found as you did that the commercials were yummy and the food was not.

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

Haven't seen the commercials or eaten the food, thanks for the heads up.

yoo hoo said...

gee I think I'll pass....is this restaurant the bizzaro world version of Carl's Jr?