Monday, October 29, 2007

PARALLEL UNIVERSES



I actually googled the equation that describes parallel universes but I couldn't post it because it is TWENTY SEVEN pages of mathematical computation. And the cosmologists are still arguing about whether there are 9 or 11 dimensions AND the good folks are proposing the M theory. M stands for membrane. Membranes size is infinitely long and infinitely small. They think the big bang happened when two membranes collided. And they have math to prove that! And I forgot that all of this was in an effort to make Einstein's unified field theory work. There was an interesting little side bar at this web site. There was a lively discussion regarding how proud we are to be innumerate. Um,that means we are happy to be numerically ignorant. I think that thinking of complicated numbers can make you sleepy, so no wonder it takes 27 pages to describe parallel universes, they keep falling asleep.

2 comments:

yoo hoo said...

It would have to be an "alternate" universe for me to do that much math. zzzzz

Gale said...

oh my god, my brain is bleeding. but it is true, i am always happy not know about numbers.....