Saturday, February 2, 2019

BUSH DIARY DECEMBER 1999

BUSH DIARY DECEMBER 1999:

12-11:  Last week in Barrow.  Today at noon Jinky disappeared early for lunch before I could ask about coverage in the department for lunch.  Then Becky asked if I wanted to see Tigger and Pooh before I left.  I said would have to that after work as that I was on duty for lunch

.  Gwen then came in from Pharmacy and said that I should have lunch in commons today. Huh?  Oh goodbye potluck! I was given a nice plaque in the shape of a gold mining pan with my dates of service engraved.  How nice!  I was also given a gift certificate from Sonoma-Williams catalog.  Looks like a big old mixer is in my future! Thanks, guys.

12-14:  Had surprise going away cake.  

12-15: Last day of work in Barrow! I really thought that I might get a little emotional after nine years at the same desk.  Um didn't even work up a golf ball sized throat lump. I have many wonderful memories and will stay in touch here and there for Barrow updates.Lots of hugs.  

Did a last load of wash, tossed a few things, over packed my suit cases and two carry on. Hugged Monica goodbye and taxied to Wiley Post airport to catch my Alaska Airlines flight. All tickety boo until Anchorage,  Had to reschedule flight due to high winds somewhere.  Typical holiday travel crowd.  Oy.  

Had a four hour layover in Portland which had dwindled to half an hour due to same high winds.  All of the luggage made but a toolbox of Tim's which I checked at the last minute.  It eventually showed up 22nd with the handle torn off.  Tim's favorite screw driver was in that thing

Have spent the last few days unpacking boxes previously delivered and deciding where to put stuff.  

I unpacked Anthony's Christmas present.  I got him a PlayHut set of five buildings and four tunnels.  It is set up in the attic.  He will have a blast with it and it folds up very compactly for travel or storage.  I actually ordered it from one of the on flight catalogs from the plane flight. 

We went to Schroeder and Son's to order a computer desk it is a roll top.  Went to Walmart and purchased four bookshelves that fold flat and the shelves drop down, holds lots of books.

12-21 Making fruitcake the kind WITHOUT the icky citron.  Maybe if it were made with orange or lemon zest that might make a difference.  

The guest bedroom is almost ready. I will have to rearrange my chest of drawers which consist of boxes of clothes and junk.

The kids are coming up and will over night in Shasta then finish the trip.  I have food ready to bake and eat eventually.

I met with Edna Cotner who is the Coquille Valley Hospital administrator on the 17th and I was hired. I start January 3.  I was so relieved that I wished everyone Happy Birthday instead of Merry Christmas.  Once I get some training my job will be to get medical staff to fall in love with the medical record department.  I get to train in Reedsport on the softward.  My Salary is 12.50 an hour.  Quite a drop from Barrow but it will make the house payment and buy groceries. 

Christmas was a hoot!  The kids got here and Anthony has four games for the computer and he knows how to put in the CD.  Carolyn and Dell came and stayed overnight on the 24th.  They slept in the little couches.  We ate we gabbed it was very enjoyable.

26th I ran away with the kids to Horsfalls beach, it was gorgeous, the sun was shining, the surf was pounding, the kids took off shoes and waded in the water. The kids left on the 29th and got home safely.

12-30 went to the antique place in North Bend, found a nifty book shop and rounded eight little old books for me.  Tim found a nice coffee table book called, "The Indispensable Cat".

Season's Greetings.

No comments: