Thursday, January 31, 2019

BUSH DIARY SEPTEMBER 1999

BUSH DIARY SEPTEMBER 1999:

9-1:  Foggy, foggy, foggy:  I had a bad feeling about making the flight and the fog got worse and the flight was cancelled.

9-2  Try again. Went smoothly. Husband picked me up in Northbend/CoosBay airport, we picked up the kitties and then Tim had an eye appointment. He now requires reading glasses.

Saturday we went shopping and purchased a television.  While we don't yet have cable, we hooked up enough stuff to watch "Hook".  

I rebooked my flight to Seattle for Saturday and Tim took me and the kitties to the airport.  These two are going to be adopted by one of the maintenance guys and his wife who is a nurse.  I will take them to work and they can get acquainted.

The Women's Weekend consisted of Mom, four daughters and one niece.  It was a hoot. We had breakfast at the Space Needle.  Carla said we could tell the tourists from locals because all of the locals were concentrating on menu selections and visiting.  The view?  Took a look and yep lots of tourist gazing.

 Then we took the Bellingham ferry which took a hour.  One of the toilets was clogged and being aired out by a very highpower
fan.  

We came back via the Tacoma Narrow bridge.  I had been across before but I do not remember, it was in 1950.  They were driving a brand new 1950 Studebaker and Mom brought her very first pair of nylon stockings.  

We had supper and consumed a bottle of cousin Ron's "La Crema". 

Flight back was good until Fairbanks, flight cancelled due to weather so over nighted at a place that took pets. Got the kitties delivered to Becky their new Mom.  They have settled in nicely she has renamed them Tigger and Pooh.  Cute.

That is all for September and from the looks of things I have no entries for October or November.

I remember packing and mailing lots of boxes as well as having a yard sale.  I sold every thing that was not nailed down.  I made over 800 dollars, which paid for the moving by mail effort.  Yay!!

I sold my gorgeous fox fur hat to one of the Taxi guys for 50 bucks.

G'night folks.

No comments: