Wednesday, February 20, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY DECEMEMBER 2000

COQUILLE DIARY DECEMBER 2000:

12-11 GOT packages and cards mailed off. 
Made a quick batch of fruit cake and cooked it quickly in the freezer so I cold mail it to Mom.  She can always use it as a paper weight. 

I decided to loan six boxes of my Christmas ornaments to the volunteers at the hospital.  When I went in I thought the tree was decorated rather sparsely.  Apparently the ladies spent four hours opening boxes and exclaiming how cute they were and then just got tired.  So, that went well.  I can't decorate at home. WE. HAVE. CATS.

I got a big check from BUECI.  When I first moved to Barrow I played 25 dollars for a membership in the coop.  They pay yearly dividends.  This year it was for the princely sum of thirty-nine cents.

Well looks like the Supreme Court has bounced back the voting thing and Gore will be making a concession speech to Mr. Bush.

First winter storm.  We got a major storm here and the rest of Oregon got snow.  Local were grumping that the good weather had held for far too long.  

Christmas was quiet, I baked chicken, made pumpkin pie, cranberry relish salad, called Charlie and chatted.  It was nice.

12-29:  Maintenance gave me 30 minutes notice that they were taking down the Christmas tree and would I please remove my ornaments.  Okay, I'll be right down.  Only one broke, no one stole any of them.  

Merry, Merry!!

G'night folks.

No comments: