Sunday, February 17, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY SEPTEMBER 2000

COQUILLE DIARY SEPTEMBER 2000:

9-13:  I shall be driving alone to Bend for the Orhima meeting.  I am not fond of driving over that pass I always get a nose bleed sensation.  I do like going through Sisters though, cute little touristy town. 

The workshop started at 2 pm and went to 8 pm, ugh.  Left the next day and drove to Coos Bay at Enterprise,  hopped in the van and drove home. 

Worked Sunday boy had things piled up.

9-18 Dental appointment, got tooth cleaning, it always feels Sooo good  when they STOP. 

Shrubbery.  Got the bushes in front of the windows trimmed down, lots of daylight coming in now.  Hubs feels there is too much for anyone to look in and see.  Um, yeah such an exciting view from the street...not.

Got an odd knock knock on the door.  Open to see older lady looking for some property. Told her this one was not for sale, check the next street over.  She tottered off.
Summer Olympics. Enjoyed the fireworks.  Seems like silly sports have been included.

Hospital remodel project.  This was discussed at the QA meeting.  Several versions being proposed all build on the present site. 

Heard from Charlie.  He called to ask Ellen's last name ad she was in Novato this weekend and they were getting together.  He didn't know her married name.  Jones is so hard to remember.

Had a situation at work.  I had to use my people skills (of which I possess few) to handle a potential situation.  Front desk called me to speak with a patient in the lobby.  The patient was a large marine in a cowboy hat who wanted his dictated record from this morning.  He explained that he was feeling stressed and suicidal.  I started to explain and he interrupted and essentially said he wasn't through talking and he didn't know why people would not let him explain why he wanted his records.  I promptly shut up and listened.  He explained that he was thinking of asking him wife to just let him kill himself and he decided he needed the record for referral to the VA.  I had him wait a few minutes while I checked with Joyce. Fortunately she found it and got it quickly typed up within a few minutes. Here you go, sir just sign the release and good luck.  Some medical record people crave interaction with the public...NOT. ME.

My neighbor left a pumpkin on our door step. Once it has served its seasonal purpose I shall cook it up for pie.

Green tomato pickles:  Our neighbor planted a large garden and has lots of green tomatoes still on the vine. I asked him if I could pick some for pickles and he agreed. I shall give him and his wife a pint or two.

My recipe calls for seven pounds of sliced green tomatoes.  These get immersed in pickling lime. I ordered some online and got all the junk together.  It is a two or three day process.  One day to pickle in the lime which makes the pickle very crisp.  Then day two cook in sugar brine and pickling spices. Allow to cool. Day three bring mix to a boil, can in jars and store on shelf. I love these pickles.  The recipe is from Grandma Horn and the best way to eat them is to grill a burger, grill a bun, slather with mayo and top with a couple slices of green pickle. Heaven!!!

Voting in Oregon. Yay we vote by MAIL.  Hazzah, no standing in line at the voting station.  The next step should be to vote on line but that is probably not doable for security reasons.

Enough September.

G'night folks.

No comments: