Monday, February 18, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY OCTOBER 2000

COQUILLE DIARY OCTOBER 2000:

I did not document much in October.

We did notice a LOT of gnat type flies in the hospital.  Maintenance put up blue lamp bug zappers in the kitchen and it still was not good enough.  The Health Department came in, did an inspection and closed the kitchen.  Well crapola.  Will have to take my lunch.

10-31:  Tuesday night we had 40 to 50 trick or treaters at our house.  Husband played host and handed out treats.  For some demented reason I decided that we did not have enough candy on hand.

I decided to make rice crispy treats.  I used my largest  stock pot and slowly melted two bags of marshmallows and a cube of butter.  Then I poured this over 12 cups of rice cereal.  Unfortunately I forgot to butter my fingers before stirring the stuff together.  My hands became gigantic ham sized crispy treat clubs.  

I got stuff all over the stove, floor, face, in my hair, on my clothes.  All I missed was falling down in the stuff.  I finally clutched the fridge open and snatched out a bar of butter and using it like a bar of soap managed to get past the sticky.  I felt like I was reliving an old episode of "I Love Lucy". 

After what seemed like hours I got the mess divided between two cookie sheets and cooling in the fridge.  I then paused to clean up as much as possible.  What a mess.  I am certain that the effort of all this could be used as shot put training for the Olympics.
  
The hospital is open Friday.  Am tired of taking my lunch to work.

Well, crap the state closed the kitchen until further notice, cause our fly count is still to high.  Those little bastids are still coming out of the wall apparently.  Ugh!!!

Enough October.

G'night folks.

No comments: