Sunday, February 3, 2019

COQUILLE DIARY JANUARY 2000

COQUILLE DIARY JANUARY 2000:

1-3: First day of "work" mostly occupied with a blizzard of paperwork for benefits, insurance, etc. Introduced to about 30 people who I will attempt to learn their names eventually.  So far it's "Nice to meetcha".

1-4:  Coos Bay to pee in a cup. Heard from Judy Kollen she had an MRI and has a ruptured disc and with surgery, will be out for several weeks.  Great.  I will jump in as best I can.  Am learning chart entry, filing etc. There is a huge amount of loose filing mostly labs.  Big drawer full of insurance requests that need to be processed.

1-5: Spent most of the day prioritizing correspondence and copying charts and weeded out requests from the state that that had a minimum of TWO requests for same records.  A little behind, yeah.

1-6;  Telephone folk came to the house and installed two jacks so we be connected.

It rained sideways yesterday, I thought it only rained like that in the tropics, it is sort of a monsoon season hear.  Wet!  I do not see much use of umbrellas, rain coats with hoods, yes.

1-12: Wrangling with transcription.  Getting some part time help.  With Judy out and me tackling the other stuff we are getting behind. 

Tim is thrilled Denny Pizza reopened and they deliver just like in the big cities. The other cool thing I enjoy is that we get our mail delivered to our front door, no more standing in line at the post office.

1-14: Getting the end of the month statistics into some kind of order.  Will have to make corrections in one column.

The medical records department provides coverage for the weekends, the nurses hate to pull records and I don't mind working.  The original idea was to rotate through three positions to cover the weekends but I think I will just work Sat/Sun and cover the week on days where we have meetings that I must attend.

Nice surprise at work. Edna told me that the reason we have a 90 day probationary period is that she can make adjustments in salary.  She is giving me a raise to 14 bucks per hour.  She can't give me much more than that because the other ladies are making between 12 and 13 dollars each and she didn't want me to make a lot more just wanted to recognize the effort I was putting into the job. Thanks!  Extra groceries. Oh and since Judy will be out so long I yam suddenly the manager.  Uh, okay.

Oh I forgot we only get paid once a month. That is a bit of a stretch but I will get used to it.

Going to DMV to take Oregon driver's test.  Yay.

Our Aeron chair finally came, had ordered it in November and now I have a chair at my computer desk.  Comfy.

1-21:  Survived my first CVH medical staff meeting. Started at 7:30 we were served a full breakfast, nice!  Lasted until 9:30.  Interesting discussion held regarding privileges for an acupuncturist.  Much sneering.

Will spend the rest of the week trying to locate discharge charts from Oct, Nov, Dec and get them coded.  There are incomplete charts in the doctors lounge located next to surgery, probably locate them there.  Fortunately the computer system gives me a list, otherwise just shoot me.

Got the list of newborns mailed to the three local newspapers.

Amongst the correspondence is a letter from Oregon Statistics they are offering the same electronic birth certificate program I used in Alaska!  Yes! Sign us up immediately please!

Characters at work.  The lab manager, Doug, is a very tall fellow who when there is no business sleeps in the blood draw chair until the next patient.

I have made new friends at work especially the one who scurried after me to say, "Pst, Royce, your skirt is tucked into your panty hose!"  Oops thanks

Okay time to close January 2000

G'night folks.

No comments: