Saturday, January 26, 2008

this really is the happiest place



Brief medical update: While I have NOT heard anything officially from my very OWN surgeon (well he IS busy.....) I did get a bill from Pathology associates wanting payment for my biopsy done at Bay Area Hospital on 1-16-08 (Today is the 25th mind you) I promptly fired up bill pay and sent the payment. I re-read the bill and there they kindly put an ICD9-CM code 216.7 which to me means benign neoplasm of the breast) All righty then!

We went to Coos Bay to get a new printer because my old is is D-E-A-D and I need a new one for tax season AND we got breakfast at the Pancake Mill. Yummy!

Saturday mail had come by the time we got home and well lookey here I has a notice from the nice Bay Area Hospital Mammography Department telling me that the results of my recent biopsy recommends that you have a follow up mammogram in six months to establish a new baseline and recheck the area where the biopsy was performed. That is very polite medical speak for "Your biopsy was negative, it ain't cancer, come see us again in six months". Thanks !!!

7 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Very glad to hear everything came out ok. Did you find a good printer? We know all about the tax thing.

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Went to Staples, bought an HP for 100 bucks, and plugged it and it works perfectly. I love it when stuff does it's job.

Gale said...

I want to know what you had for breakfast? And hooray for the biopsy results!!!

Anonymous said...

Breakfast was 2 slices of French toast, 3 sausage links, one scrambled egg and snitched some of husbands hash browns. Just the right amount of fuel for the day.

yoo hoo said...

I LOVE it when it's not cancer. Let's keep that run of luck going eh?

Gale said...

We ate at JBs this morning. I had stuffed french toast drizzled with blue berries, bacon and 2 eggs. I won't need to eat for at least 3 days. yummy

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds sooooo good.

Correction. The code 216.7 is for the suspicious mole on my shin back in November. Benign neoplasm of breast is 217. My bad.