Thursday, January 10, 2008

Portside at Charleston Oregon



It was a wet and stormy afternoon. We drove into a squall on our way to Coos Bay for dinner at The Portside in celebration of our 13th anniversary. I did take pictures of our dinner but the meal was much more appetizing then the pics. I ordered the Captains Platter and received the bounty of the seas but only ate the scallops, prawns and halibut. The baked potato was superb. Husband ordered the 10 ounce sirloin which had shrunk to 8 ounces by the time it hit the plate. Again a well cooked meal and delicious. We had the place to ourselves there was only one other couple in the dining room and a couple people sitting in the bar and as a result of that the service was extra attentive. So where did you dine on your anniversary?

3 comments:

yoo hoo said...

I'll try to recall and answer this next month when we have number 7.
Congrats!

Gale said...

I will let you know as it is coming up on the 22nd of this month. It will be number 14. Seriously? I had to go look at the license - it hangs on the wall in my bedroom. You would think I would remember. We will probably get take out at Taco Bell come home and a cop show. We are living the dream.
Congrats to you!!!

Anonymous said...

We will celebrate #16 this June, which seems impossible. I have the best in any situation, if we can't think of a nice place out, Leo will just make dinner.. Its a good thing....

Ellen