Sunday, May 19, 2019

VACATIONS, SUNDAY PUZZLE AND HERTZ

I look forward to the family reunion in Boise.  However, I have no idea where, it's in a park somewhere in Boise.  I hope SOMEone fills me in or volunteers to drag me along.  Husband is still debating if he even wants to leave the motel room, being all hermit like etc.  So......

I booked a rental with Hertz and we get to pick up and drop off  despite the offer of free delivery.  The girl at the desk is by herself and cannot perform that service.  I gotcha.  We are getting the car a day early so husband can play with all the gadgets.  Because I will hold a pea shooter on him if he plays with gadgets while driving distracted.  It comes with GPS and WiFi and lord only know what that big red button does.

Am waiting to book a room at the no tell motel in Emmett.  Hope they ain't booked up for what ever summer delights are available in my home town.  Cherry Festival is a biggish deal.  I look forward to getting a Scotch and Soda at the RoeAnne Drive in.  Ahhhh.

I also want to go visit with Ollie, she will be 97 or so soon?  Holy cupcakes!!

Lastly, I slept through the Sunday Puzzle by Will Shortz. He is the New York Times puzzlemaster.  I had to look it up on line.

The challenge for next Sunday is this.  Name a country with 5 letters.  Name a 13 letter profession associated with that country.  The country name will appear in the 13 letter word from left to right, but not sequentially.

Jeez, there are 25 countries that have five letters!!!

13 letter professions?
Accountancies  um nuthin

My brain just shriveled right up.  I need a nap...and I need to go watch Sunday Morning on CBS.  

See, there are other things to worry about besides the last episode of Game of Thrones.  If HBO likes dragons they should consider the Anne McCaffrey books of Pern.  

No comments: