Saturday, May 18, 2019

RATHER COLORFUL DREAM


I had a very colorful dream last night.  I was traveling as I often do and I found myself driving up a very difficult mountainous road.  I was showing someone where to go and I dropped that person off.  Then I proceeded to drive into a city.  When I got there the streets were very familiar.  

I have visited this dreamscape before.  I am sure it is located in my dream version of San Francisco.  I was looking for a mall that was very fancy.  I found the street entrance and went inside but they were moving heavy furniture around so I went back outside and found another entrance.  It was not as busy as usual but not so crowded that I couldn't find my way around.

It has always reminded me of the old City of Paris located in the real San Francisco.  In my younger day I and a girl friend would go exploring and we found the City of Paris fascinating. The rotunda went up about  seven stories. The very top floor was furniture strangely enough, very expensive furniture.  The rotunda held a huge Christmas tree that was decorated fabulously.

I was strictly a lookie loo customer.  Because at my the wages of $1.65 per hour I could afford the gas to drive across the bridge but not to shop.  

The place was always lit up beautifully during the season over the years.  Then it closed in 1980 and was demolished and Neiman Marcus remodeled the place in 1981 retaining the rotunda and sky light.   Haven't been back since.  

I am probably still a lookie loo customer what with time and inflation. I have seen the Neiman Marcus catalogs which alone would raise my blood pressure into stratospherically fatal levels.  

No comments: