Tuesday, May 21, 2019

JEOPARY! I can't do the upside down exclamation point in front...

I have always enjoyed Jeopardy, it is a fun contest originally started as a "cure" for the game show scandals of the late 50's where contestants were given the answers.  Solution?  Post the answers on a board and have the contestants ask the correct question.  Very clever and has been so for several decades now.

My favorite senior citizen, Alex Trebek is currently battling stage four pancreatic cancer.  I was afraid to watch the interview but he was magnificent.  I did not realize that he had been undergoing chemo a few days into the current winner James Holzhauer.

This morning I was listening to CBC This Morning and he came up as a subject of conversation. Apparently there is some on line complaints that he is cold etc.  

Jeez, people. the man is (repeat after me) a PROFESSIONAL sports gambler in Las Vegas.  You do not develop tells in the gambling world and he stays in practice in a game that does not involve bluffing until the jaws snap shut.  Sure, it ain't Celebrity Poker.  And do pay attention, he cracks a joke or two, has snappy repartee with Alex and so on.

The on line hater is obviously jealous.  Me too, my favorite secret super power would be a perfect memory.  I would love to be able to learn a fact, tuck it away and pull it out when I needed it.   My favorite thing to do with my brain would be re-read a book in my head.  Advantages are this, no light needed.  I'd be all cuddled up and warm and I have read thousands of books.

Now back to James, currently at 23 days he has racked 1.7 million, if he goes another 50 days and ties with Ken Jennings he will rack up close to 6 million dollars and some change.

 This is going to take up a bit of time, as there are several more tournaments coming up and there is summer vacation.  He may have to get back to Las Vegas and do some of that professional gambling.

It has been ten years since Ken Jennings made his historic run and racked up 2.6 millions or so over a period 73 or 74 days, I forget exactly.  

It would dearly love to see a match between the two men.  I also wonder if there isn't a woman genius out there who needs some spare cash, and wants to take time to qualify and then clean up on Jeopardy!  Just like those two only bettah...Yeah..

No comments: