Friday, May 24, 2019

CRAB, HAIRCUT AND A TATOO


Yesterday I went shopping for salad ingredients, Napa cabbage, tomatoes, green onions etc.  At home I had tucked away in the freezer my favorite fake crab leg obtained at Safeway.   I also had a tray of real crab that I had frozen a while back.  I busily assembled the ingredients and started chopping.  Everything went well until I got to the frozen real crab. I was completely dismayed to discover that the crab had turned into a sort of rubber crab with zero test.  I was very disappointed.  I was reminded of my college biology professor who advised freezing fish in normal saline, it keeps things perfectly.   Too bad I remembered that at this point.  Next time I guess.  I finished the salad with a dressing of mayo, apple cider vinegar, horse radish, pepper and a couple packets of Splenda.  I then tossed on some sunflower seeds.  Unfortunately the sunflower seeds tasted metallic to me.  I am losing my sense of taste.  Salt and sugar taste half salty, half sweet.  No idea what the heck taste buds bloom on sunflower seeds.

I decided to get one of my regular severe haircuts and while I was there the lady had time and suggested a color.  Sure, how about either bright blue or bright red?  I chose red.  It doesn't show up well on the picture but it looks brighter in person.

I also wanted a tattoo but the parlor was closed early for Memorial Day Weekend.  I want her to put my initials in the back of my skull, Black letters with gold accents.  Smallish.  (evil smirk)

No comments: