Wednesday, December 12, 2018

BUSH DIARY SEPTEMBER 1996

BUSH DIARY SEPTEMBER 1996:

9-2:  Woke from a weird house dream.  The living room had a toilet on the left side of the fireplace and a bathtub on the right side of the fireplace.  The place was decorated with a tatty combination of real and fake plants.  I realized that this was a dream and woke up in self defense.
The rain has created splashy mud puddles.  In an effort to avoid mud stained pants I have taken to wearing sweat pants over my work pants. 

The seagulls are very loud.  They really love the dumpsters.  These gulls must weight about 20 lbs each and are large enough to carry off a small dog or cat.  Small dogs do not exist here, haven't seen one tea cup sized pooch.  Cats do not go outside either,  They are a furry snack pack.

Medical adventure:  Dr. Perez recommended niacin.  So I have been quaffing a daily pill.  Next bottle same dose.  I did not pay attention to the strength of the pill which I purchased.  I must have jumped from a 500 mg to 1000 mg.  BECAUSE, I had a medical hot flash reaction.  Within a few minutes of taking the meds my face flushed, my body was HOT all over and I thought I would faint.  I splashed cold water on my face and ran cold water on my hands.  The symptoms gradually subsided so that I no longer looked like a boiled lobster.  I was down to pink by the time I went to work.

Got a call from Monica, former truly appreciated boss woman.  She is now working in Texas.  She called to tell me that she got a call from Beloved Leader who wanted to talk to Monica about the direction of the medical record committee and to say that "Royce sure didn't want to let go."  Well that much is true, I am afraid she will forget where she put it and we won't be able to find it.  O dear.

9-6: Happy birthday to me.  Tim sent me a Balloon-o-gram attached to an Alaska shaped clock. 

9-7 Begin vacation:  We flew to Boise after stops in Fairbanks and Anchorage. Mom and Phil picked us up in the Van.  The  Sable was in the garage waiting for a hose to fix the AC. So we rented something for a week.

The real estate deal fell through.  The owner decided to withdraw so no swell upstairs apartment in downtown Emmett.
  
Second week of travel.  We took off for Kelso, Washington to visit with Tim's sister, Betty and brother-in-law Benn.  We headed first to the Dalles and when we got there we saw STEAM coming out of something.  It was Friday night.  The mechanic looked at it and said water pump is gone, we can fix it Monday.  So Tim and I left the car and cabbed to Best Western.  The in house eatery made the BEST chicken fried sirloin steaks.  Yummy!  We got the car fixed and then drove to Kelso to visit up there.  The tire went low and had to fix that.

Next portion of trip was drive to Seattle and visit with Carla.  Had to shop six hotels before finding a room.  The garage is coming right along.   We shopped, we gabbed.  It was much fun.  

Then it was time to head south to visit with Carolyn, Tim's other sister.  The trip bogged down a bit because POTUS was campaigning and I actually had to pull off of I-5 for about 30 minutes at one point because Secret Service had blocked traffic.  Campaigning is a behotch.

We visited in Salem and went out to eat and met the furry members of the family as well, two American Bobtails who look a bit Siamese with short tails, very cute.

Shopping.  We wanted a big TV, bought a big TV, Post office said, nope we will not ship that big TV, so we took the big TV back to Wally world.  sigh.  Still shipped three boxes of stuff home.  

We traveled back to Boise and flew home to Barrow.  We had to wait forever for Bradford to be off loaded from the jet.  Finally got all of us dragged home. 
Spent a quiet weekend collecting a bag of mail and one box.

9-30-96:  First day back to work.  There were people nearly weeping with job to see me. I got lots of hugs and many heartfelt "welcome backs".  I guess Beloved Leader drove the nurses nuts with the census thing.  There were five babies born while I was gone.  None of the birth certificates got done.  I completed them all today and will mail them tomorrow via certified mail. Carolyn M told me that Barbara has no idea how close she is to being canned.  Many on site personnel lining up to provide documentation.  E gads.

We have a computer god hired!!! He put a new laser jet printer at my station and it works perfectly!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That's it for September.  G'night folks.

No comments: