Saturday, December 8, 2018

BUSH DIARY MAY 1996

BUSH DIARY MAY 1996:

Hmmm, my Bush Diary is very short for May.  

5-17:  Had Bradford in the kitty hospital for observation.  He was not urinating. Vet thinks he was having a spot of urinary tract difficulties. She recommended more liquid in his diet.  Ok, you can lead a cat to water but you can't.....

Real Estate Decision:  I asked Phil to go ahead and order the 2,000 dollar survey.  I will put together a check.  

I finished reading a Kinky Freidman book entitled, "God Bless John Wayne".  The phrase that made me laugh out loud in an airplane was "F-ck me gently with a chainsaw." 

5-24:  What a week.  Thursday I developed a low back twinge.  Standing was okay, sitting was miserable.  Saw doctor who prescribed Robaxin 1500 mgs every six hours for two days then taper off. It kicked in the next afternoon at work. Yayyyy!

The bank seems to have misplaced one of my CD's.  I didn't cash them all out for Charlies Wedding gift.

Memorial Weekend:  Felt like making Tim's favorite oatmeal cookies.  Ran out of brown sugar so this was a white sugar only version.  I also made potato salad and fried some chicken.  I just love my ulu for cutting meat.  It is a native knife the blade has a round blade kind of triangular blade with a wooden handle.  It is very sharp but it must be washed and dried immediately. It ain't stainless steel.  I like to fried the chicken until crisp and then finish cooking in the slow cooker.  Ummmm, good.

Traveling dream:  I went to India or Pakistan.  Bathrooms were nonexistent and could not figure out what people did for a necessary until an English lady demonstrated. She stepped into a river, went neck deep and made bubbles   oh...

More Bank troubles.  Trotted into deposit pay check.  Clerk fiddled and punched and stamped and finally gave me the deposit slip.  I looked at it and said that the number did not look right. 
What!?   Give me that!
Seems the clerk had punched in the check number from ASNA.  Always fill out a deposit slip!!!


5-31-96:  Samuel Simmonds funeral was yesterday.  He was 74d and he died at home. He was a highly respected elder and pastor of the Protestant Church both here and in Wainwright. He was the first native to be ordained in the church. The funeral was held in the high school and about 300 people attended .  Samuel had taken up ivory carving and he made many carvings of typical Inupiat live.  One of my favorites is a small statue of a father and son.  The father is dressed up to go hunting.  The little boy is pleading to go with him.  The father is explaining that the boy has to stay home but promised to take him with he got a little taller.  It is a very touching thing.  The funeral lasted about five hours. 

Hate to close on a gloomy note but that's all for the month.  G'night folks.

No comments: