Thursday, June 10, 2010

WINNER



This is my back up plan...always have plan B just in case what ever you purchased WON'T FIT!

I have had this piece of material since Dillingham. I had purchased several lengths of goods thinking I would be doing some sewing...NAH.

So I decided to use this piece of red silk, it has bamboo leaf patterns in black and white and we will pretend it is similar to the pink kimono that she once owned as a young married.

I cut the material into seven pieces and sewed on each layer, one layer for each child. The last layer was sewn into a bag. The gold cording came off a Christmas package from last year. So we are all dressed up now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo that's perfect! remind me again, what is dad dressed in again. do you need to come up w/something in gray denim?

Anonymous said...

I love it and you did a wonderful job. Well done....

Sorry I won't be there, but will be thinking of you all.

EJ

Retro Blog said...

Dad's urn is tall, round, wooden, resembles power pole without the creosote, R

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

She looks skinny in that dress, but it's her color.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, thanks for the reminder.