Friday, June 25, 2010

ENCHILADA.......PIE yeah, that's the ticket!

I had to do something with that two pounds of sliced top sirloin and I did not feel like making Tamale Pie...so....found some ingredients in my kitchen:

2 pounds half inch dice top sirloin
1/2 very large onion, chopped
1 can jumbo olives,quartered
1 can enchilada sauce
1/2 jar smoked red peppers chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
salt, pepper
half bag sliced Tillamook cheddar cheese.
12 corn tortillas torn into bite sized pieces.



Saute chopped onions in vegetable oil until some browning occurs.
Add meat, stir, cook until a little pink shows in the exposed bits.
Add chopped red peppers.
Stir in enchilada sauce.
Stir in olives.
Stir in cheese.
Stir in tortilla pieces.





Pour into two casseroles and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes.



The recipe (the one on the enchilada can) did not call for any of the ingredients other than the tortilla's, however there is something about the combination of cumin and cinnamon that I have always liked.

Tastes pretty good. Will taste even better tomorrow.

I also fired up the sour dough starter, will have a couple pancakes tomorrow.
I'll try to take a picture showing the thickness and bubble texture.

Get some rest, it's going to be a busy day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

You need a cookbook in your collection, right? Write your own. Take all the recipes off your blog and compile them into "Royce's Olive Heaven. Send them to Richard. Just kidding, but it is a thought. Would make Richard's day. evil grin ;-)
C

Retro Blog said...

Actually I do have a couple nifty cookbooks, too bad I don't read them. I saw a weird offer the offer day,turn your blog into a book for 15 bucks or some such. I wonder how that works? R