Saturday, June 5, 2010

TIME TO MAKE A WEEKLY CASSEROLE



Actually it is a turkey pot pie:

1 bag about 2 cups of frozen turkey stock.
1/2 chopped onion
2 small dice Yukon Gold potatoes
add 1 can chicken stock to cover veggies.

Simmer until potatoes are tender.

Add 1/2 bag frozen peas
Add 1/2 bag frozen cauliflower and broccoli.
Add about 10 fresh chopped mushrooms.

Turn burner off, add 1 cup of corn meal.
Add one beaten egg.

Pour into casserole. Top with pie crust.
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

Makes a nice firmly set up "pie" once cool.

I sprinkled in salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic.

Tasted pretty good.






Pairs well with ..... grapefruit tangerine drink.

SECONDLY, I have also been having a running battle with ANTS! I have tried going green but they just send more. So this morning I purchased 4 Ant cups and put than in strategic places under the sink and kitchen drawers. I am sick and tired of doing the Freaking ant dance of death. I have enough bleach and vinegar on my kitchen floors and cupboards that they SHOULD be pickled. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

THIRDLY, I got out the tape measure and both of the urns I have collected are NOT 9 inches tall, they are WAY over that. So my suggestion is this, since Mom sewed stuff for us, I suggest wrapping the package in some very pretty material. Besides I have kind of come to like the two urns and don't really want to turn loose of them.

3 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

How about a folgers plastic coffee can and some duck tape ??? It won't rust out and lasts for 10000 years. Mom loved her coffee.

RB

Anonymous said...

The ants I had to deal with only reacted to Total Chemical Warfare, the green things they simply eat up.

Anonymous said...

And sorry - your casserolle looks fab!