Saturday, June 26, 2010

SOUR DOUGH ON SATURDAY

Gale made sour dough pancakes while I was visiting and I determined to make some myself after we went out for breakfast at the Blue Ribbon Cafe that boasts sour dough hot cakes. Sorry, Blue Ribbon, you folks should just stop advertising because your sour doughs AIN'T SOUR.

I fired up the sourdough it has been almost a month. I neglected to use WARM milk in the mix however I let it set out all night and it got good and bubbly.

The picture below is an example of a PERFECT sour dough pancake just before flipping it over.

Oil the pan very lightly with some veggie oil soaked into a paper towel, swipe the towel in the pan. I have never used teflon pans but they would work well until they becomed abused and scratched up.

Set pan at a bit above medium until a water droplet sizzles, pour in batter and let cook for two to two and a half minutes. Allow bubbles to form AND POP around the edges before flipping.

Flip over and finish cooking 30 seconds to one full minute.

If the pancake browns too much for your taste, turn down the heat a bit.




Yummy!

PS: I make a full "Small" batch and have four left over pancakes, which are going to work with me. I am having sour dough pancakes for lunch and it will drive the other associates nuts. I am evil.

No comments: