Saturday, June 26, 2010

HUSBAND WENT SHOPPING

Husband went shopping yesterday and as he walked into the house he exclaimed,

" I hope I didn't waste my fifty cents!"

He had purchased a ten pound bag of potatoes for fifty cents. The produce manager explained that they were sprouting.

"Put 'em in the fridge I will do something with them, thanks!"

I boiled 5 lbs of potatoes after scrubbing and observed that while they were not exactly sprouting they were going a little soft. I very carefully boiled them for 15 minutes so they wouldn't turn into mush.

I hard boiled four eggs and selected eight potatoes. I let everything oool and then peeled and chopped.




I did not have any onions, but did have some mini dill pickles, I chopped up eight of them. I had an almost empty jar of Mayo, squired in some mustard, sprinkled in salt, pepper, celery seed, red pepper flakes and some garlic. Shook the jar very hard and poured into bowl.




Put lid on ancient but still useful Tupperware bowl and shake vigorously to mix.



See? Worked just fine and saved washing a spoon.



Husband just reported that if I had not told him that there were no onions in there he would not have known.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the remaining boiled potatoes, perhaps some country fries, need onions and red and green Bell peppers for that or maybe a fritatta. OOh I have eggs, and lots of cheese and.....

4 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

Where's the olives?

Anonymous said...

I only have Jumbo and did not feel like chopping them down to size and the jumbo's can be stuffed or enjoyed as a mini meal. R

Anonymous said...

shred them, and freeze them for hash browns

Anonymous said...

Good idea. I am shredding even as we speak! Thanks!