Sunday, June 20, 2010

The trip is finished.

Four of the seven siblings met at the Idaho Veteran's Cemetery at 11 o'clock on the 18th of June, 2010. Aunt Wanda and Uncle Paul came as well as Cathy, Justin and Jennifer. The attendant came and removed the marble cover and we rearranged the furniture. The new marble plate will simply state their names, YOB, YOD and will say "Shorty and Virginia". We chatted a while, enjoyed the sunshine and then left.



The rest of the two or three days were spent visiting as many relatives as possible.
This is a picture of Aunt Ollie.

I dragged her to Letha for a short visit and then we went to the Farmer's Market and oohed and awed over the various produce, then tottered home. Ollie will be 85 this year and she says that when we call her, it just makes her day.




Phil and I drove home today by way of Ontario, Vale, Prairie City etc. We passed the Cow Camp and Phil mentioned that Paul and Ollie actually stayed at the Cow Camp
for a few years after Tater and Fern. I will ask her how she did on the wood stove the next time I call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you please email me her telephone #?

thanks

re previous post: I saw in Sunset mag....a recipe for grilled french toast. soak bread on skewers and then put on grill. I'll let you know how they are.