Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WARNING! BOOK REPORT!



I just completed book 2 in what I hope is a series of 13 total by the author, Kathryne Kennedy.

Her first book "Enchanting The Lady" is set in Regency England. The ruling class possess very strong magic. In fact the only way anyone can inherit property is to prove their magic in the Court of Mages. Felicity has a problem, she has no magic and she is the dependent of very powerful magical relatives. Nope,not one itsy bitsy bit of power. However, it seems that her power is being held in check by one of the relics of Merlin. It is up to the good guy to free her from this relic, find and destroy the relic before the bad guys get to it first. There is another layer in society that of the were people. People who are were hold rank no higher than Barons,however magic does not effect them. There is tension between the ruling high society and the lowly were people society...and the good guy is one of the were people.

The second book, "Double Enchantment" is about Jasmina who has been designated by her parents as the dutiful daughter who will take care of her parents in their old age. Her mother has a very bad habit of borrowing things from friends and forgetting to return them. Jasmina has to dress in chimney sweep clothing to sneak the pieces back to whom ever her mother has stolen them from. One evening she is returning a particularly hideous piece and she needs to make a twin spell and have her twin occupy her bed while she is out. Unfortunately the piece she is returning is one of Merlin's Relics and her twin spell is augmented by the relic and makes the twin real. Jaz takes off and does scandalous things that Jasmina would not think of doing. Jaz meets the good guy who promptly marries her. He is a were animal,he turns into a black stallion. Jaz disappears. It quickly becomes apparent that Jasmina must find Jaz and reverse the spell. Throw in a couple of pesky garden gnomes who love chaos and you have a very good read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate to admit it, but I'm looking forward to bad weather so I can sit down and read. These sound delish.
I was thinking about you and your Kindle...do you still like it?

Anonymous said...

DYes I like my kindle, I have reserved it for my naughty books. I am thinking that the next generation kindle should have a sign on and pass word just like many other things in this world.
I saw an estimate where Amazon was going to make huge earnings just from Kindle alone, and that is not counting sales. I do love my paper books though. Mom sent me a couple boxes of books to augment my stock for the book store I hope to open in a few years. R